Disclaimer: We are sorry this page isn’t pretty. We’re exploding and swamped with new work. We are currently spending our time making clients’ things pretty….
Jordan’s Right Hand (Think Account Management + Content Marketer + SEO + Project Manager)
This will be worth more than a $120,000 marketing degree from a university, because you will be learning in a leading-edge agency adopting new practices in real time. You’ll get “MAD SKILLZ” in SEO, Content Marketing, Client Interfacing, Pitching, Web UX, and more.
Are you a recent grad? This is a chance to put your academic learnings to the test in a real-world setting.
20 hours initially. This will grow to full-time as we scale.
If you turn out to be a rock star, you might one day be our director of accounts.
Time and Location of Work:
We can determine a schedule that fits, but it would be half-day blocks Monday-Friday at our home office in Haslet.
This is not a remote position most days. Reason being, I need this person to learn by sitting in the same office and overhearing a ton and able to see my screen while they work at a desk nearby.
This position starts at $14-16 per hour start but raises will come quickly as you help to foster growth and meet performance goals.
In addition, if you bring in a client through your sole-effort, you’ll gain an ongoing percentage of profit from that client. You could technically become a millionaire.
This is a 1099 role, not W-2. You’ll be a part of our distributed agency strategy but just working onsite.
Because this is 1099, there are no direct benefits. However, if you qualify, we can get you set up on a medical sharing account that only costs an individual $150 a month (and affordable family option available). After three months, we’ll start paying you 1/3 of your individual medical sharing each month, so coverage becomes only $100 for you.
I am not requiring any agency or marketing position experience. This is a bit like Southwest Airlines, we have a unique way of doing things and a strong culture.
Primarily, I need the person to be a quick learner.
I do need the candidate to:
- want to be in marketing as a career direction, not just a job.
- an incredible writer (both sales copy type and journalism/article type if possible)
- creative but also not wearied by recurring tasks
- able to handle themselves with decorum with clients
- fast typist and mouse clicker
- quick software learner / not new
- someone who has their own up-to-date laptop (Mac or PC, I personally use Mac)
- organized and can perform “air traffic control” between our team member and also with clients
Some of the Things You’ll be Doing
(This list is not exhaustive & will TRAIN YOU on how exactly you can do each thing.)
- Create SEO and Digital Reports
- Write client articles (very diverse) along with other writers
- Learn the science/art of SEO and apply tactics.
- SEO Optimize Client articles
- Post client articles on sites
- Post to Google My Business for Clients (including EXIF data to pictures)
- Air traffic control tasks/projects between contractors, clients etc. (Typically emailing them asking for a resource/checking an assett, etc.)
- Help me manage schedules
- Help me manage content calendars
- Post into clients social media
- Help me keep websites updated
- Create and monitor ROI on campaigns (social/AdWords/etc.)
- Create “fix this” lists for site health
- Handle aspects of project management
- Expense reports/simple financial reports
- Create pitch proposals to get new clients
- Invoicing clients/accounts payable
- Alert me to any client site/SEO issues found software
- Meeting note taking
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email the following using the EXACT instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make the Subject Line: I’d Like to Be Your Right Hand
- In the body, tell us by name who referred you to this job.
- In the body, tell us how you think you can benefit our agency by completing the following sentence “I believe I can help you by/with/because (you pick the / word and complete sentence)…” Feel free to add a 3-4 more sentences.
- After a line break from the section above, in the body, tell me a little about yourself and your background.
- Extra Credit: There is a misspelled word on this page. Find it and put it in your email body.
- Attach your resume.